Saturday, May 17, 2014

Earrings Everyday, We're All Ears, May 2014 Challenge


Zigzag Nerite shells - Neritina Communis - from Atlantis Shell Co

I love the inspiration picture for the May challenge!  I am a long time collector of shells, with two bowls and a tea cup full, but I don't have any as beautiful as the shells in this picture.


I love the color combination of red and black and have several outfits with these colors.


So, I made two pairs of earrings, slightly different, the second pair adding the cream color from the shells.


I was happy with how the earrings turned out, and tried to take pictures that did them justice.


Thank you for stopping by!  Please visit Earrings Everyday for the links to all of the challenge participants blogs and see the lovely earrings they have created for this month's challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome beads! Perfect colors for this months challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You TOTALLY captured the shells!! These are beautiful, I love how perfectly graduated the sizes of the beads are. The dark wire wrap makes me think of the zigzag pattern. I love the dark wrap with the bright silver earwires. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these. both interpretations are spot on.

    I love your final photo composition with the tree and the dried leaf . It makes the earrings come alive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely earrings. Such beautiful beads and attractive design. These really capture the look of the shells.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an amazing soup and such beautiful designs! Love that first piece with the great focal. You show it off perfectly! Cool earrings.

    ReplyDelete