Sunday, May 13, 2012

Button Swap Blog Hop Reveal!



Today is the reveal day for the Button Swap Blog Hop hosted by Cindy Wimmer of Sweet Bead Studio! My button swap partner is Lynda Moseley of SCDiva

Lynda sent me a beautiful collection of her handmade polymer clay buttons and I had a wonderful time creating with them.


 Lynda's buttons are so lovely and I wanted to create pieces that would show them off.  I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried a few new techniques. 

With the red and blue floral button I used steel wire and created a pendant.  The wire work is a little rough, but I like how it turned out.  I found some red round river shell beads that matched the button really well, but had a hard time matching the blue.


 With the purple and green bee button I used brass filigree to created a pendant.  In the center I added brass bead caps, lampwork bead by Pinocean and Vintaj brass bee charm. The pendant hangs from a chain of wire wrapped pearls, crystals and glass beads, finished with a brass toggle clasp.



With the coral and green dragonfly button I made something very different.  I took an Eclipse mints tin and wrapped it in scrapbook paper.  I attached the dragonfly button to the front of the tin, added lace around the lid and attached a bead to the top as a knob for opening the lid.  I added a brass bead at the bottom, with charms dangling from chain.  This will be a little keepsake box for my granddaughter.


 With the beautiful, floral ivory button I made a fabric brooch.  I made a little quilted square, attached the button with sari silk ribbon, roughed up the edges and attached a pin closure to the back.


Thank you, Lynda, for sharing your beautiful buttons with me and I hope you like what I created with them!  I had a great time and I enjoyed being your button swap partner!  Please visit Lynda's blog to see what she made with the buttons from me!

And thank you, Cindy, for organizing this fun Button Swap/Blog Hop!  

I wish everyone a wonderful Mother's Day and happy hopping!

Below is the list of the participants.

 Kim Roberts and Partner unable to participate at this time.
 Lynda Moseley and Kym Hunter <--- You are here
Pam Ferarri and Stefanie Teufel (will share their reveal on a later date)
Stefanie Teufel and Pam Ferarri (will share their reveal on a later date)

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful designs. Awesome selection of buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job showcasing the beautiful buttons you received! All the pieces are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with all the buttons you received. The wire wrapped pendant with the blue & red button is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. That first button AND the necklace -- I want. So much love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mint tin box is such a wonderful idea! And I just adore that brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kym, you were really on a great creative streak for the Button Swap! The necklace with the wirework embellishment is really pretty - just love the focal and the vibrant colors. That has got to be my favorite - that or the keepsake necklace for your Granddaughter - she will love it! So thoughtful of you and really out of the box. I haven't seen anything else like it in the Button Swap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you were busy. I love all your pieces but especially the little mint tin for your granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made some lovely pieces with Lynda's buttons. That brooch is knockout.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE, LOVE the polymer clay buttons - and agree they need a place right up front! You did an amazing job with all of them, but confess my favorite is that first one. I love the wire work, the colors, the simplicity of the necklace ... just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your wire wrapping...somthing I must try someday...you had some very beautiful buttons and you excelled with your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. First off, the buttons you received were so neat, so unique, and so inspiring. Very cool!
    Now then. . .the same could be said of what you created with them. Each of your pieces is so fabulous! I especially like the one with the mint tin. That is an EXCELLENT idea! You did a wonderful job overall!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the first necklace and the tin necklace the most. Great swap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what unique buttons! Each one is similar, but so different at the same time :) Your finished products are all oh so pretty, but my favorite would have to be the blue and purple one. <3

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us!

    *~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pieces. But I really like the first necklace and the pin/brooch. I think you did great matching the colors in the pendant with the beads in the necklace. And the pin is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love, love, love all your pieces, Kym...but that treasure box is really special. How creative! Nice work on all of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. PS your header on your blog is just wonderful...is that lampwork dagger one of your pieces?...and where do I get a similar one? *g*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! I did make the earrings in the header and the lampwork beads were made by Magdalena Ruiz of MruMru http://www.etsy.com/people/magdalenaruiz. She calls them boro spikes with murrini. Magdalena make gorgeous lampwork beads!

      Delete