Saturday, April 14, 2012

Flap Your Wings Design Challenge & Blog Hop


This morning I am joining Tania Spivey of Moobie Grace Designs, who is hosting the Flap Your Wings Blog Hop, in memory of Judy Glende.   (For a list of the blog hop participants, please visit Tania's blog or click on the button.)

Although I never had the pleasure of meeting Judy, in reading her blog posts I could tell that she was a kind and gentle soul.  She was an amazing artist and was very respected and loved in the beading community.  From the FYW's blog hop posts you will see how much this dear, sweet woman has been and will be missed.

I made the above earrings as my tribute to Judy and all who have lost a love one to cancer.
Details:
Vintaj brass
bird blanks, embossed by me
Sapphire Swarovski crystal bicones
Bronze faceted rondelle crystals

Brass colored, pewter spacers
Brass wire

Handcrafted polymer clay beads - Rebekah Payne of Tree Wings Studio

 

Although I have decided to keep the earrings I made, I will be making a donation to:
Mustang Alley Horse Rescue
1020 Walters Road, Greenville, TN 37743 

14 comments:

  1. Choosing the birds for this hop was perfect, and I love the embossing technique. These are really pretty earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really sweet pair of earrings - a lovely tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're keeping them -- you made a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fabulous! Can't blame you for keeping them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I recognized my beads instantly :-) and am so, so happy that you turned them into such a special pair of earrings! The birds are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!! Wear them with pride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the earrings Kym. I'm sure you will get lots of compliments when you wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful earrings, the swallows look great too. Enjoy them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the birds - they look great embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are gorgeous and inspired, Kym!

    ReplyDelete