Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Heart Macro 04/22/2012

My pictures for today's I Heart Macro are of flowers from a grocery store bouquet.  I've been so busy with work and haven't had any time to work in my garden this Spring.  I love seeing the flower pictures that are submitted for IHM each week, but the majority of the flowers blooming in my yard are weeds.

This bouquet had a nice mix of chrysanthemum's, a Gerber daisy, a sun flower, lily, eucalyptus and some miscellaneous items that I can't identify.  For some reason, I had a really had time shooting the sun flower, which is the one I wanted to shoot the most.


I love the contrast between the purple and yellow, green of this chrysanthemum


The eucalyptus smells wonderful!  There are little buds, like it may bloom, which will be interesting to see.


This little visitor liked the eucalyptus too and was nice enough to pose for pictures.


Love this orange Gerber daisy!


And the orange lily is very pretty too


A sweet little button chrysanthemum

I'm joining Lori Plyler of Studio Waterstone for "I Heart Macro" slash "I Heart Close Ups: Up Close Photography for Macro Makers and the Camerologically Challenged". Please click on the link below to view photos by other participants, or to add your own macro photo.

studio waterstone

Blessings to you and enjoy your week!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful bouquet. The colors are just wonderful and all your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These shots are so great, mom! The depth of field and cropping work so well. I especially like the eucalyptus ones. Seriously, great work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Punkin! It means so much to me that you like them. Hope all is well with you and Matt. Sure have been missing you

      Delete
  3. lovely, warm, rich colors. You can feel the sunshine bouncing off of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely bouquet and photos! Grocery store bouquets make great subjects, don't they!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the way you photographed these made you think you were on a walk through your garden, especially with the little insect visitor too. I have lot of weeds flowering and seeding in my garden too......maybe it's time for a bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what beautiful macro shots of your bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love that Gerbera daisy!!!!! Great defination and blur.

    ReplyDelete