Sunday, April 15, 2012

I Heart Macro 04/15/2012

I'm joining Lori Plyler of Studio Waterstone for "I Heart Macro" slash "I Heart Close Ups: Up Close Photography for Macro Makers and the Camerologically Challenged". Please click on the link below to view photos by other participants, or to add your own macro photo.

studio waterstone

In March I signed up for Cindy Wimmer's Button Swap Blog Hop, which will be held on May 13th.  I am honored to have been partnered with the very talented Lynda Moseley of SCDiva.  Lynda makes beautiful, beautiful polymer clay pendants, beads and buttons.  She also makes some wonderful Scottish and Irish Tartans Series pendants and necklaces.  Please visit Lynda's Etsy shop to see her gorgeous creations and check out her tutorials.
Last Monday I received my buttons from Lynda and they are lovely!


I am in love with these buttons!  I have some ideas and have pulled out beads to go with the red and blue floral and the purple and green bees buttons.  I'm excited and worried at the same time!  These buttons are so pretty and I hope I do them justice with my design ideas.


I also wanted to share a picture of a visitor I had while working on taxes yesterday.  I felt something light on my ankle and casually swished with my hand, thinking it was probably a fly or mosquito.  When I felt it again and looked down, this little critter was on my leg.


My natural instinct was to scream "Whhaaaaa!" and shake it off my leg.  The poor thing went flying across the room and was probably scared to death!  My son helped me scoop it up in a container, so we could release it outside. 

Blessings to you and enjoy your week!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, he's great!!! Poor little guy... I could picture him flying LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have had a heart attack! Me and critters don't get along!
    The buttons are so beautiful and I look forward to seeing what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those buttons are stunning! I know you will work them in to a lovely piece.
    The little lizard is a cutie... I would have reacted like that too...I would have worried it was a spider! Lizards don't worry me per se.....!

    ReplyDelete