Saturday, August 11, 2012

6th BSBP 2nd Reveal

Hosted by Lori Anderson of PrettyThings

This is my second time to participate in Lori Anderson's BSBP and each time I had so much fun! This year I was blessed to be partnered Lola Surwillo, of Bead Lola Bead. Lola's generous soup ingredients, in beautiful shades of blues, greens and a dash of red, included her gorgeous hand made polymer clay beads and a lovely wire crocheted pendant. I was immediately inspired and couldn't wait to start creating.

My first serving of bead soup is a necklace made with the crocheted pendant. I extended the pendant by wire wrapping one of Lola's polymer clay beads and some Swarovski crystals. I attached the silver clasp to the front of some chain and dangled the pendant from the clasp.

I made some matching earrings using the 4mm Jasper and turquoise rounds and Swarovski crystals.


My second serving of bead soup is a bracelet made with Lola's polymer clay beads with the ceramic and jade rounds. I use black waxed linen to string the beads and the gunmetal toggle to finish. When it came time to attach the clasp, I had some how miss place the bar part of the toggle.  I love these colors together!

My bead soup ingredients were so generous that I was also able to make this simple beaded necklace


These dangle earrings


And with the Jasper drop pendant, I made this wire and bead necklace

And I still have a few beads left to play with!

Thank you, Lola, for being such a wonderful partner! I can't wait to see what you made with the soup I sent!

 
Thank you, Lori, for taking time to organize the BSBP and making it so much fun!

Now hop on over and visit all of the Bead Soup Blog Party participants!

Hostess, Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

Adlinah Kamsir, Dream Struck Designs
Adrienn Lukacs, Raszputyin Designs
Agata Grygiel, Cytherea Bijoux 
Alenka Obid, Pepita Handmade 
Amy Dickerson, Damyjo Designs 
Amy Schmidt, Amy's Treasure 
Amy Severino, Amy Beads 

Andrea Trank, Heaven Lane Creations
Anke Humpert, Anart Island Studios
Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye
April Grinaway, Brooklyn Bead Goddess 
Ashley Bunting, Miss Ashely Kate 
Astrid Boyce, Astrid Boyce Beads 
B.R. Kuhlman, Mixed Mayhem Studios 
Barbe Saint John, Saints and Sinners

Beata Benkone Meggyesi, Beahobbi
Brandy McNair, Bella Vita Handmade Jewelry 
 Bryna Lumb, Bryna's Bead Box
Carmen Lau, Little Maketto
Cate van Alphen, Fulgorine
Cathie Carroll, Cathie Carroll's Studio
Cathy Khoury, Touch Jewelry 
Christina Stofmeel, Feng Beads 

 Collette Collins, Fire Fly Myst Artisan Jewelry
Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul 
Crystal Thain, Here Bead Dragons
Cynthia Abner, Created Treasures
Deana Hager, Just Deez'Art & Life
Debbie Phenes, Deb Joy Sing
Dhea Powers, Java Bead

Diana Welte, Lilyweeds
Dita Basu, alankarshilpa
Dorota Zeranska, gdymamczas 
Dot Lewallwn, Speedie Beadie
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs
Emma Todd, A Polymer Penchant
Eva Sherman, Eva Sherman Designs
Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead and Metal Works
Francy Inman, Francy's Studio

Ginger Bishop, lilmummy likes...
Giorgia Rossini, Jo in Wonderland
Ine Vande Cappelle, Jewels by Ine 
Iveth Caruso, Creative Atelier 
JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions
Jackie Ryan, Kydo Jewellery
Jeannie Dukic, Jeannie's Blog
Jelveh Jaferian, Jelveh Designs
Jenna Tomalka, Twin Birch Studio
Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Beads

Jennifer Van Horn, Jennifers Jewels and Junk
Jo-Ann Woolverton, It's a Beadiful Creation
Johanna Rhodes-Nash, Fire Phoenix Creations 
 Joyce Blair, Bent Wire West Coast
JuLee Wolfe, The Polymer Penguin
Karen Vincent, Swallow Tail Jewellery
Karin Slaton, Backstory Beads
Kayla Potega, The Eclectic Element 
Kim Dworak, CianciBlue
Kris Lanae Binsfeld, Cherish Designs by Kris Lanae

Kristen Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs
Kumi Fisher, Malie Kai Designs
--->You are Here Kym Hunter, Kym Hunter Designs
Lennis Carrier, Windbent
Leslie Wayment, AA Beads & More
Linda Murphy, Bonita Bead
Lisa Johnson, Whimsey Wonders

Lisa Sittniewski, Love, Yesterdays
Lois Moon, Que Onda, Q'Town?
Lola Surwillo, Bead Lola Bead
Lorelei Eurto, Lorelei's Blog
Lori Bowring Michaud, Artfully Ornamental
Lori Finney, Using My Beads
Margareta Saari, Mags-koruja
Maria Horvath, Horimarika Beads
Marian Hertzog, M's Place

 Mary Ellen Parker, BeeTree by m.e.
Mary K McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
MaryLou Holvenstot, time2cre8 
Martha Aleo, Ornamento
 Maybeline Tay, The Jewelry Larder
Megan Collins, Churchy & Her Sailor
Melissa Meman, Art. Life. Love.
Melissa Mesara, One-Eared Pig Beads
Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs

Pam Farren, re-maker
Pam Hurst, Pam Hurst Designs
Patricia Handschuh, The Color of Dreams
Patty Miller, CabariBeads
Penney Klapoth, Faerie Acres
Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings
Rhea Freitag, starrgazer creates
Rochelle Brisson, A Creative Chelle

Sabine Dittrich, PerlenDschungel
Sandra McGriff, Creative Chaos
Sandra Neights, Petalo Azul
Sandra Young, It's a Bead Life!
Sara Oehler, SoftFlex Girl
Saturday Sequins, Saturday Sequins
Shanti Johnson, Sunshine Bliss
Shari Replogle, Plays With Paper
Sonya Stille, Dreamin' of Beads


Stefanie Teufel, Stefanies Sammelsurium
Tammie Everly, TTE Designs
Tania Spivey, Moobie Grace Designs
Therese Frank, Therese's Treasures
Tina Holden, Polymer Clay Bytes!
Toltec Jewels, Jewel School Friends 


Tracey Nanstad, A Beadiful Mess
Tracy Choy, BumbleBeads Designs
Valerie Norton, Hot Art

Blessings and have a wonderful weekend!

45 comments:

  1. Wow Kym! I LOVE absolutely everything you made! I love how beautifully you used your soup, and I love the way that last necklace turned out. I am in awe of those who do asymmetry so well! But that first necklace you made? Gorgeous!!! I love how you used the extra fiber to embellish the chain and also how you extended the focal. You do such beautiful work! Thank you for being a delightful partner and for getting me addicted to waxed linen. I will forever remember you as my enabler. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything!
    Especially like the first pair of earrings ..Cool!
    Delicious soup!
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep saying I'm going to make some of those earrings that remind me of a rain chain. Your jasper, turquoise and crystal ones are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see that both you and Lola like waxed linen cord :-). And you both use it so well! Your designs are all so pretty, but I especially like that first necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precise work and stunning designes! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness - all of your pieces are stunning! Love all the pieces you created but I love those first pair of earrings - so different :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Kym, amazing design! I love those dangle earrings and the jasper drop pendant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super nice pieces.My favorite is the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pieces, love how you got the pendant and the clasp out front. Great summer earrings. Kym there is a fish bead waiting for you with me. Just let me know where to send it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, you made so many different pieces with your soup. I love the dangle earrnigs, simple yet dramatic

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pendant and your other designs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOve, very contemporary and cool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the zig zag earrings! Actually, just love it all! You did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in love with that Jasper drop pendant necklace! Like drool-I-want-on-me kind of love ^.^ LOL

    You used some pretty interesting techniques in your soup, especially in those zig zag earrings!

    Such lovely pieces, all of them :)

    Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you did make some great pieces! I really love those drop earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful creations, but I just love those dangle earrings... they are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. lots of lovelyes to see here! You have done really well...;-))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Was your focal wire crocheted? Would love to see a close up. I am very into wire crochet. Nice pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I love the sinple treatment you gave the earrings. they remind me of thread bobbins so it's cool to see them alone on coloured wire. great work

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think those zigzag earrings to match the first necklace are my favourite. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kym these are some spectacular jewellery pieces! That first necklace has serious bling factor, really you set the components to great advantage. The first earrings are inspired... I've never seen that configuration used. The polymer beads in the first bracelet really make the design pop; I love them, they remind me of sewing bobbins filled with sparkly accent thread.

    You really went to town with this soup, Kym! Two more necklaces and another pair of earrings... so much variety in your styles and constructions. Everything looks SO good. Is that a handmade chain in the last necklace? It's such a perfect size to balance the other elements.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely work, you did a great job with your soup:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job with your soup, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great job, Kym...love all your creations! Cute design on those first pair of earrings! Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your work. The crocheted pendant came out beautiful and what a clever way to make that zig zag earring with the jade and Czech glass beads. The other necklaces also caught my eye. Delicious treats you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  26. such lovely pieces. i am a fan of waxed linen. just loved everything. beautiful work! ~diana

    ReplyDelete
  27. Incredible! Agree - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful work. Everything is beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cool and retro in design. I like the last necklace best ( & I LOVE what you sent) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Kym,
    Wow you did your bead soup justice! I love all of your designs they are gorgeous! My favorite is the last necklace with the Jasper drop pendant totally awesome!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful pieces, I think you did a great job with your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Everything is adorable! I love the zig zag earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, so many fantastic pieces. Your zig-zag earrings made me smile. But everything is simply lovely.

    Melissa Muir
    http://design.kcjewelbox.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that you created so many pieces! The simplicity and elegance of your work is wonderful. Yummy soup.

    ReplyDelete
  35. You really got a lot out of this soup. How wonderful! I am particularly fond of those jasper and turquoise earrings. The neat zig-zag pattern on them really appeals to me. . .as do the colors. Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You did such a nice job with your soup. Very nice pieces. I like the last necklace best.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your earrings! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is really great design you shared. Loved it.
    ________________________________
    Designer Dangle Earrings

    ReplyDelete