Sunday, July 17, 2011

I Heart Macro July 17, 2011

A couple of pics from the deck in our backyard.
The central spadix of the Spathiphyllum or Peace Lily flower

 We are having a drought and I can't remember when it last rained here.  Hubby has been helping me keep the plants watered, but most of the flowers have dried up from the heat.  I was happy to see the bloom on my Peace Lily.  I also managed to get a shot of a creepy crawly before it flew away.
Please join us at Waterstone Studio for I Heart Macro.  Add your own macro shot and check out the other wonderful pictures posted for this week.  Have a wonderful day!
studio waterstone

11 comments:

  1. Fab photos! We have the opposite problem here - it has rained almost everyday since the end of April. Hoping you get some (of our) rain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the peace lily spadix quite alluring as well. Did you know that they are poisonous? Hoping you get some rain, Kym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god, just what I need to see, a close up of a stink bug! LOL I love the other two pictures! The green is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice the beautiful lily bloomed during the drought. I've seen enough stink bugs this summer to last a life time! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all and sorry about the stink bug shot. It landed while I was taking the flower pictures and although creepy, seemed serendipitous, so I couldn't help but take a shot before it flew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shots of the lily! Could do without the bug but a nice shot of it. Hope you get rain soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I hate stink bugs! lol That gave me a right chuckle! Lovely pics too! Awww stink bugs have a purpose. On the food chain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What gorgeous photos - except for the stink bug. lol. Just kidding. I remember we had so many when I lived in Virginia. Don't miss those little critters!

    ReplyDelete