Sunday, June 26, 2011

June Art Bead Scene Monthly Challenge

Ophelia by Odilon Redon

c. 1900-05; Pastel on paper mounted on board, 19 7/8 x 26 1/2 in; The Woodner Collection 

I instantly fell in love with the art piece chosen for the June Art Bead Scene  Monthly Challenge.  It is such a lovely piece.  Very romantic and dreamy.  And I love the wonderful colors.  I saved the picture as my desktop background so that I would be inspired whenever my computer was up.  I had missed the April and May challenges, but I was able to complete the following piece for this months challenge.

The ceramic heart pendant was made by Nancy E. Schindler of The Rabbit Muse and the green lampwork beads were made by Sandi Carrico of Sassy Glass Designs.  As a connector, I cut the corners off of a Vintaj brass blank and stamped the word LOVE.  I added three pearls that I painted with nail polish, in colors that complimented the painting.  The necklace also includes Vintaj brass chain, clasp and findings, green silk sari ribbon and a strip of blue chiffon.





I've had a lot going on the last couple of months and it felt good to be able to complete the necklace before the deadline.  I look forward to seeing the art piece that is chosen for the July monthly challenge.
Please check out all the
ABS Monthly Challenge participants on

Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Kym, what a beautiful interpretation of this month's ABS pastel piece. I love how you combined a bit of rustic (the stamped metal link) with shiny (ceramic) and fiber elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation, really beautiful, the inclusion of the fiber works so well

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the different textures in your piece. Beautiful!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of fiber,beads and metal. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete




  5. Thanks for provide great informatic and looking beautiful blog, really nice required information & the things i never imagined and i would request, wright more blog and blog post like that for us. Thanks you once agian


    birth certificate in ghaziabad

    birth certificate in delhi

    birth certificate in gurgaon

    birth certificate in bangalore


    birth certificate correction

    birth certificate online

    birth certificate in noida

    birth certificate in india

    birth certificate apply online

    ReplyDelete
  6. "This is really interesting, you are such a great blogger. Visit Royal Digitech for creative and professional website design and Digital Marketing in Sirsa
    and Also get Digital Marketing Course in Sirsa
    "

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Thanks for provide great informatic and looking beautiful blog, really nice required information & the things i never imagined and i would request, wright more blog and blog post like that for us. Thanks you once agian

    Free Classified in India"

    ReplyDelete