Sunday, January 1, 2012

I Heart Macro 01/01/2012

Happy New Year!

I have come to dislike making resolutions each year.  I usually make the same ones (lose weight, eat healthier, exercise more) and do well the first month, but then I stumble, which causes me to feel down for the rest of the year.  

My only resolution for 2012 is to not have any resolutions.  I will, however, strive to create, inspire, wish, imagine and believe.


I'm also going to step outside my comfort zone more and try some new creative techniques, such as


working with the new texturing hammer that my wonderful kido's gave me for Christmas.

Linking up with Lori Plyler of Studio Waterstone for I Heart Macro.  Click on the button below to check out the other I  Heart Macro submissions for this week.

studio waterstone

Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

  1. I don't make resolutions either! But I "intend" to procrastinate less and spend less time on the computer! Have fun working with that hammer!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a texture hammer; well I'll be. There's something for everything isn't there :) Enjoy your creative goals for 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the copper charms.
    I think your resolution to not have a resolution is a good idea.
    May stretching yourself and being creative simply be "you" this coming year.
    Cheers,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your hammer, Kym...have fun pounding your way in 2012! It's very therapeutic! Not to mention fun! Looking forward to seeing what you make with all those lovely textures.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you, Kym! Gave up "resolutions" years ago. I set some short-term business goals for myself every now and then, maybe start thinking about something fun I'd like to do during the year so I can plan ahead, and that's about it. One tradition I started many years ago is taking a bit of time out to reflect on last year..by looking at my calendar or through photo albums.. as I start the new one.

    I love the simplicity of your plan. Less pressure, no guilt, more fun and pleasure! Sounds like you have some thoughtful kids too!

    Have fun with your tools and treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kym, Enjoy the new hammer it looks like you will have lots of fun creating with it. My resolution is always the same, to be the best person I can be.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right on! And, I have signed up for several "on-line" classes since I live in the boonies. Your metal work looks like fun. Happy New Year - very nice pics. (visiting from i heart macro) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. I just came across an interesting book called the Happiness project book that I have written about in my blog. I like to see what people think about resolutions around this time of the year.

    Have a wonderful time with your new tool. Best for 2012. Dita.

    ReplyDelete